The Narrows Bridge




I went to a Photo Meetup group's event tonight. It was a sunset shoot at the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. I completely misjudged traffic and was late. As I arrived the main group of them was headed inside. I wasn't sure why, because the sun was still out, although it was a lack luster sunset.







I finally felt a little foolish not going in to join them so I did. The seating was horrible and the 2 8-tops were full. The coordinater of the event was engrossed in a conversation with another person, so I sat by myself. Sniff... Sniff... As I waited for my food (it was a order your food at the counter restaurant), I kept watching the sun go down. I finally couldn't stand it anymore and went back out and took a couple of pictures. It was very cold and I had forgotten my jacket, so I didn't go back down where I had been shooting before, where the stupid posts wouldn't be in my pictures. Oh well... I got to try a technique I had seen on a website and got a picture that I was pretty happy with.



Oh... and this one was the train. I was just having fun. The train is the blur.





2 comments:

  Angela O.

March 12, 2009 at 8:36 AM

I really like the posts in the night photo.

Sorry about your experience there. My friend, Lauren, and I went to one of those meetup meetings once and ended up talking mostly only to each other. But I know other people that have gone to them and ended up making good friends. Don't give up. Go at least once more...

  Gretchen Blair

March 12, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Oh... after I came back in, someone noticed me. They ended up being a pretty nice group.