Saturday Fun at a Great Workshop | Maple Valley Photographer

So last week I was kind of whiny.  So sorry.  Mom life had been wearing on me.  But then, what great luck!...  Through facebook, I found out that a photographer that I took a workshop from last winter was back in town for another workshop.  So, I messaged him to see if there were any available spots left.  I found out at 7:30 Saturday morning that they did have room.  They started shooting at 9:00...  In Everett.  Hmmm....  Hard decision.  Should I grab my gear and jump in the car for a day of shooting?  Should I abandon the 5 kids to the care of my husband who thought that WE were going to spend the day staining our poor weather beaten deck?   Not only did my awesome husband told me to go and practically pushed me out the door, he actually got the deck stained while I was gone.  I got to have a very enjoyable day discussing strobes and aperture with adults, envying everyone else's very cool toys and basking in all of the photographic knowledge that was there.  I definitely was the freshman of the group when discussing these complicated lighting set ups.  Don is a great instructor and his workshops (http://www.learntolight.com/) are a great way to spend a day.  
 

Posted via email from gblairphotography's posterous

0 comments: