The Favorite Sweater...




































My friend has this wonderful tradition. She has had her son photographed in this particular sweater of her husband's every year since his first birthday. This year I was lucky enough to take the pictures! I think that it is a very cute tradition.






What I learned... I really need to slow down. When working with anyone other than my own kids, I tend to feel rushed. I think that I am intimidated by the expectations. I have always just taken more pictures. I realize now that I need to be slower, get the subject in position and focus on taking better pictures rather than just taking an abundance of pictures.
On this picture... I had this great idea in my head. He would hold out 7 fingers (he just had his 7th birthday) and his fingers would be in focus with his face out of focus. I am not happy with the results, but I still think it could be a cool idea for a picture, I just need to figure it out.

1 comments:

  Angela O.

February 25, 2009 at 8:35 AM

I like the first two photos for his size in relation to the sweater but I like the last two for the artistic value.