Today was a snow day. Our school district is so wimpy. The kids stayed home but it did give me a chance to try out a set up I had been wanting to try. We took one of the living room chairs out into the front yard and took pictures in the snow.



















What I learned... I needed to have it further out from the bushes. I didn't like it when I got little bits of bushes in my pictures...but it was okay when I got lots of bushes in the pictures... and the girls really didn't like looking up at me when I was on the ladder. Although the sun was completely hidden and behind them. the sky was too bright. I still really need to slow down to perfect the picture before I take it. Oh the other thing was that we messed up the snow in front of the chair....I wishI could figure out a way to get them to the chair without walking in the snow.... I think that this would be a fun annual picture, that is until we move back to Texas. Ooohhhh, but wouldn't the chair look great in the bluebonnets?



The little guys stayed inside....

3 comments:

  Angela O.

February 27, 2009 at 7:09 AM

Maybe put a blanket down for the subject to work to the chair then take the blanket up?

I have such beautiful nieces and such a talented SIL!!!! Where was the other kid?

  Gretchen Blair

February 27, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Napping... didn't like her much yesterday.

  maryland mom

March 3, 2009 at 6:59 AM

You have more creativity in your thumb than I have in my whole body. You are good girl!